Navy, Air Force personnel also deployed to control traffic
Acting Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Shavendra Silva said that Navy and Air Force personnel have been deployed in selected areas to assist the traffic police as a temporary measure, to ease the traffic congestions in the Colombo City, from yesterday.
Last week, military police personnel were also deployed to assist the traffic police in Colombo.
“In addition to the military police, we have also deployed personnel from Navy and air force to assist the traffic police as a temporary measure,” Lt.Gen. Silva, who is also the Army Commander said. He also said on the instruction of the President, the armed forces have decided to assist the police.
The commander said that Navy and air force personnel have been deployed in and around their respective headquarters and their camps.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023