New Market at Nelliyadi Junction in Jaffna
Economic Development Minister Hon.Basil Rajapaksa said that his Ministry has a plan to convert the new market into an Economic Centre in future in order to facilitate farmers in Jaffna to market their cultivations such as Onions and other products.
This was stated by the Minister Basil Rajapaksa while inaugurating a new market at Nelliyadi Junction in Jaffna on Wednesday (13) evening,.
Minister of Traditional Industries and Small Enterprises Development Douglas Devananda, Northern Province Governor G.A. Chandrasiri also participated.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023