Nimal Siripala acquitted from bribery charges
Former Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva has been acquitted of the allegations of asking for a bribe from a Japanese company.
It is reported that the investigations carried out by the three-member committee appointed by President Ranil Wickremesinghe have shown his innocence.
The relevant committee report was recently handed over to the President’s Secretary Saman Ekanayake.
The report of the committee related to the investigation conducted was also discussed in the cabinet meeting yesterday (August 01).
Nimal Siripala de Silva was resigned from his ministerial post, informing that an independent investigation should be conducted regarding the allegations made against him.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023