No Army for garbage control – MS
President Maithripala Sirisena says that as long as he remains as President, he will not permit the Army to be utilized for the cleaning of garbage in the city and that he does not even mull such ideas.
He stated the necessary institutions have been instructed to look into the garbage issue and the forces will only be deployed to check on the work that is been carried out.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023