No inter-provincial bus services next week

There will be no inter-provincial bus services as the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO) has not recommended resuming public transport service in this situation, Transport State Minister Dilum Amunugama said.
It was previously scheduled to run a selected few bus services between the provinces from tomorrow (June 28) to operate essential services.
However, following discussions with the head of NOCPCO Army Commander General Shavendra Silva, it has been decided to postpone the decision further, the State Minister said.
The State Minister is expecting a concrete decision from the Army Commander next week with regards to the resumption of public transport services across the provinces.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Namal Rajapaksa says prison visits to Pillayan were no secret May 20, 2026
- Sri Lanka President says drug traffickers no longer protected May 20, 2026
- CID reveals shocking new details on Easter Attacks May 20, 2026
- Sri Lanka’s milk tea price to increase by Rs. 5 from May 21, 2025 May 20, 2026
- Suresh Sallay produced before court May 20, 2026
