No inter-provincial bus services next week
There will be no inter-provincial bus services as the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO) has not recommended resuming public transport service in this situation, Transport State Minister Dilum Amunugama said.
It was previously scheduled to run a selected few bus services between the provinces from tomorrow (June 28) to operate essential services.
However, following discussions with the head of NOCPCO Army Commander General Shavendra Silva, it has been decided to postpone the decision further, the State Minister said.
The State Minister is expecting a concrete decision from the Army Commander next week with regards to the resumption of public transport services across the provinces.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024