No more localities under isolation orders at present – Army Chief
Posted in Local News
All localities in Sri Lanka that were placed under isolation have now been released from the orders, the Army Commander General Shavendra Silva says.
Accordingly, there are no more isolated areas in the country at present, the Army Commander added.
The new development came after the isolation orders imposed on Vadamarachchi North Grama Niladhari Division in Jaffna District were lifted with effect from this morning (July 31).
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023