No move to arrest Opposition MP Harin Fernando – Public Security Minister
There’s no move to arrest opposition MP, Harin Fernando over his statement in Parliament that he was aware of the mastermind behind the Easter Sunday terror attacks, Public Security Minister, Sarath Weerasekara said.
“He was summoned by the police to record a statement as, if he was aware of the hand behind the carnage, as claimed, it will help ongoing investigations into the attacks”, the Minister told The Sunday Island.
There’s a hullabaloo over what the opposition perceives as an attempt to arrest the MP. That’s not the factual position; police investigators want to question him to elicit more information on the attacks, Weerasekara said.
(Source: The Island – By Norman Palihawadana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023