No postal voting in Rajanganaya
Marking of postal ballots for the 2020 Parliamentary Election will not take place within the Rajanganaya Divisional Secretariat area today.
The District Secretary of Anuradhapura said following the detection of several new coronavirus cases from the area during the past few days, a decision was taken to suspend the postal voting process.
The Secretary said a new date to conduct postal voting in the area will be announced by the National Election Commission.
Six residents of Rajanganaya tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023