No power cuts imposed today – Power Minister
Minister of Power Gamini Lokuge says that a decision has been taken not to impose any power cuts today (January 24), following discussions with the President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
Lokuge said that a solution had been reached to solve the present power crisis at the meeting held with the President.
Meanwhile, Minister of Energy Udaya Gammanpila says that the President has instructed the Treasury to provide Rs. 93 billion to the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) to settle its outstanding payments to the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023