No Power Outages on April 13 and 14
The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) announced that No power cuts will be imposed on the 13th and 14th of April 2022, the two days of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year.
According to the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL), CEB is in possession of adequate stocks of fuel and furnace oil required for power generation.
Further, the duration of power cuts will be shorter in the coming days as the demand for electricity is expected to be low during the week-long holidays.
PUCSL has approved power cuts that would last for 2 hours on Saturday (April 09) and 1 hour on Sunday (April 10).
April 09 (Saturday)
Areas A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L – 2 hours from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Areas P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W – 2 hours from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Area CC1 – 3 hours and 30minutes from 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM.
April 10 (Sunday)
Areas A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W – 1 hour from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Area CC1 – 3 hours and 30 minutes from 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Yeah, but no food on the table for 24 million Sri Lankans on 13/14 April.
The Satakaya Clan will celebrate in the Presidents’ House, Temple Trees, Pangiriwatte and the Big Bully’s official house in Wijerama Mawatha, all behind heavy Police barricades.
Plenty of hoppers, chicken and alcohol.
Watch out, the Satakaya clan will soon be sending out official New Year Greetings !!!!!