“No requirement to enter parliament” says Basil Rajapaksa
The National Organizer of the SLPP, Basil Rajapaksa said there is no requirement for him to enter parliament.
Basil Rajapaksa made these remarks while responding to journalists in Badalgama, Kotadeniyawa yesterday.
When questioned about the shortcomings of the 20th amendment to the constitution and the increase in the presidential powers, Basil Rajapaksa said,”… the people granted him more power and that was what the people expected”
(Source: News 1st)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023