Premalal Jayasekera allowed to attend Parliamentary sittings
The Department of Prisons has been informed to allow convicted MP Premalal Jayasekera to attend Parliamentary sittings.
The Court of Appeal has issued an interim order on the Commissioner General of Prisons with this regard.
The convicted MP had filed a writ petition seeking the High Court to issue an Interim Order to Commissioner General of Prisons to allow him to attend Parliament sittings.
Accordingly, the interim order was issued by Appeal Court Judge Bench, President of the Appeal Court A. H. M. D. Nawaz and Justice Sobitha Rajakaruna.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023