No salary cut for Public Sector – Finance Ministry
The Ministry of Finance noted that there is no decision to reduce the salaries of public sector employees.
Issuing a special circular to all Secretaries to the Ministries and Heads of Government Institutions yesterday (April 26), the Secretary to the Ministry of Finance, Mahinda Siriwardena said that the Ministry of Finance had instructed that steps be taken to slash the expenditure of state institutions.
Accordingly, it has been informed that all projects that are scheduled to implement, should be temporarily suspended.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023