No threat to Bandaranaike International Airport – Defence Ministry
The Ministry of Defence yesterday assured that there was no threat to the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) and that an email warning of an attack was fake.
Defence Secretary General Kamal Gunaratne (Retd) referring to the standard security measures adopted at the BIA affirmed that there is no requirement for the public to panic due to the information disseminating over a fake email of a hostile nature received by the airport authorities.
He said that the defence and law enforcing agencies are continuing their duties in the same vein without letting anyone disrupt the normal operations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023