Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe has conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the Prime Minister and the people of India following the tragic multiple train collision in Odisha state.
The accident has resulted in a significant loss of lives and numerous injuries.
In a letter addressed to the Prime Minister of India, President Wickremesinghe expressed his profound sadness upon learning about the devastating incident.
He emphasised that the people of Sri Lanka stand united in their sympathy and support for India during this difficult time.
President Wickremesinghe extended his condolences to the Government of India and the bereaved families who have suffered an unimaginable loss.
He also expressed his wishes for a swift recovery to those who have been injured.
The President further assured the Prime Minister of India that the thoughts and prayers of Sri Lanka are with the families of the victims, and he hoped that they would find the strength and resilience to overcome their grief.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023