One-Day Passport Service in three more districts in Sri Lanka
The Department of Immigration and Emigration says that the issuance of passports under the one-day service will be implemented in three more districts from today (July 04).
Accordingly, the one-day service will be implemented in Vavuniya, Matara, and Kandy districts.
The one-day service was only available at the head office of the Immigration and Emigration Department in Colombo before taking this step.
Controller General Sarath Rupasiri said that after making an appointment, one-day passport services can be obtained from Vavuniya, Matara, and Kandy district offices.
Appointments can be obtained by visiting the official website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration www.immigration.gov.lk in order to submit applications.
At present, 3,000 people visit Colombo daily to get passports through the one-day service.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023