Online petition launched demanding General’s release
Source of This Article: Lanka Truth
Democratic National Alliance (DNA) has taken measures to get signatures to an online petition to demand the government of Sri Lanka to release Gen. Sarath Fonseka who was illegally arrested by the Military Police and is being arbitrarily detained without any charges.
Former Chief Justice Sarath N. Silva launched the web site www.freesarathfonseka.com today morning at the head office of the Democratic National Alliance (DNA). The first signature for the petition was placed by the former Chief Justice. Mr. Sarath N. Silva also delivered the keynote address of the ceremony.
Ms. Anoma Fonseka, Leader of the JVP Somawansa Amarasinghe, former Parliamentarian Arjuna Ranatunga and a large gathering were present.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023