Over 10.6 million rupees stolen from ATMs in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
More than 10.65 million rupees have been stolen from ATM machines of Sri Lanka State Banks located in Baddegama, Hikkaduwa and Karapitiya.
The police said that a group of people suspected to be foreigners had entered the computer system of the ATMs in the early hours of Friday (December 30), changed the data in the system and stole the money.
Police suspect the same group is responsible for the theft in all three cities due to the manner in which it was carried out.
The Police Media Unit said further investigations are underway by the Hikkaduwa, Galle and Baddegama Police stations to arrest the suspects involved in the incident.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023