Over 26,000 PCR tests conducted for Brandix cluster
The COVID-19 cluster that was identified from the Brandix factory at Minuwangoda has gone up to 1,186 after two more of its employees and 101 of their contacts tested positive for the virus.
More than 26,000 PCR tests have been conducted so far in relation to this cluster.
Chief epidemiologist Dr. Sudath Samaraweera says the process continues.
Meanwhile, a carpenter from Wennappuwa who worked at a site near the Mannar Bishop’s residence and five of his contacts were diagnosed with COVID-19 yesterday.
Thereafter, Bishop Rev. Lionel Emmanuel and 93 others have been sent for quarantine following the findings.
A PCR test for the Bishop returned negative.
Sri Lanka presently has 4,628 Covid-19 patients and 1,309 of them remain in hospital.
(Source: Hiru News)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023