Overseas travel ban on Basil Rajapaksa temporarily lifted
Sri Lanka’s Supreme Court today (September 02) temporarily lifted the overseas travel ban imposed on former Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa.
Accordingly, the former minister will be allowed to travel overseas until January 15, 2023.
The five-judge bench granted permission following submissions made by the Counsel for Basil Rajapaksa, who stated that the Former Finance Minister expects to travel overseas for medical treatment next week and to attend to some personal matters.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023