Overseas travel ban on Basil Rajapaksa temporarily lifted
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s Supreme Court today (September 02) temporarily lifted the overseas travel ban imposed on former Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa.
Accordingly, the former minister will be allowed to travel overseas until January 15, 2023.
The five-judge bench granted permission following submissions made by the Counsel for Basil Rajapaksa, who stated that the Former Finance Minister expects to travel overseas for medical treatment next week and to attend to some personal matters.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023