Pandora Papers: Ranjan to give statement to Bribery Commission
The Bribery Commission has decided to obtain a statement from former Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake who is serving a four year sentence for committing Contempt of Court, regarding facts that were revealed through the Pandora Papers, a Commission source said.
This statement is due to be obtained based on a request made by Ramanayake from the Commission and sources also said that the Commission has decided to provide President Gotabaya Rajapaksa with an interim report in connection with investigations carried out into former Deputy Minister Nirupama Rajapaksa and her husband Thirukumar Nadesan whose names were mentioned in the Pandora Papers which revealed hidden assets of billionaires worldwide.
“The investigations are continuing and the team of investigators is studying documents obtained through banking affairs of Thirukumar Nadesan”, sources said.
(Source: Daily News – By Subashini Senanayake)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023