Pandora Papers: Ranjan to give statement to Bribery Commission
The Bribery Commission has decided to obtain a statement from former Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake who is serving a four year sentence for committing Contempt of Court, regarding facts that were revealed through the Pandora Papers, a Commission source said.
This statement is due to be obtained based on a request made by Ramanayake from the Commission and sources also said that the Commission has decided to provide President Gotabaya Rajapaksa with an interim report in connection with investigations carried out into former Deputy Minister Nirupama Rajapaksa and her husband Thirukumar Nadesan whose names were mentioned in the Pandora Papers which revealed hidden assets of billionaires worldwide.
“The investigations are continuing and the team of investigators is studying documents obtained through banking affairs of Thirukumar Nadesan”, sources said.
(Source: Daily News – By Subashini Senanayake)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023