Parliament heated over Ranjan Ramanayake
Parliament proceedings were adjourned for five minutes this morning after a tense situation broke out over Ranjan Ramanayake’s seat in Parliament.
The proceedings of the House commenced with the Speaker making a statement on Ranjan Ramanayake.
However, a heated situation broke out especially between former Speaker Minister Chamal Rajapaksa and Parliamentarian Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka.
Members of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya representing Parliament were also seen clad in black armbands in protest to the decision over Ranjan Ramanayake.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023