Patients severely affected due to 24-hour token strike launched
Patients have been severely inconvenienced due to the 24-hour strike launched by the Government Medical Officers’ Association (GMOA) from 8.00 a.m. this morning (20) at all hospitals and medical institutions in 05 districts in the island.
The association said that the strike will be carried out in Mannar, Trincomalee, Ratnapura, Nuwara-Eliya and Polonnaruwa districts.
The trade union action was launched over the deployment of post-internship doctors without the approval of the transfer board.
The GMOA said however emergency services will not be affected due to the strike.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023