Patients severely affected due to 24-hour token strike launched
Posted in Local News
Patients have been severely inconvenienced due to the 24-hour strike launched by the Government Medical Officers’ Association (GMOA) from 8.00 a.m. this morning (20) at all hospitals and medical institutions in 05 districts in the island.
The association said that the strike will be carried out in Mannar, Trincomalee, Ratnapura, Nuwara-Eliya and Polonnaruwa districts.
The trade union action was launched over the deployment of post-internship doctors without the approval of the transfer board.
The GMOA said however emergency services will not be affected due to the strike.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023