PC member arrested with illegal firearm
Posted in Local News
A ruling party member of the Sabaragamuwa Provincial Council was arrested by the Kegalle police last night in the Ranwala area with an illegal firearm.
Police Media Spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said the provincial council member- Imitiaz Carder -was taken into custody on a tip off that he had in his possession an illegal firearm. The SSP said the Belgium made 16-bore firearm seized during investigations.
He said the suspect is to be produced before the Kegalle Magistrate Court today.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023