People seeking a system change – JVP
The JVP says the aspiration of all citizens at present is to eradicate the 74-year-old political system and overthrow the oppressive government.
JVP Chief Secretary Tilvin Silva said a people’s struggle has emerged instead of a political struggle.
Speaking at the 51st April Heroes’ Day celebrations yesterday (April 05), Silva said two years ago people worked hard to bring Gotabaya Rajapaksa into power, and the public is today displeased with President Rajapaksa and have taken to the streets demanding the President and the government to step down.
He said the people are engaged in a struggle.
Silva added in the past the struggle to overthrow a government was between political parties while today, the people are fighting for this cause.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023