PHI warn of rise in dengue, diarrhea and rat fever
The Public Health inspectors Union warns that the country could experience a rise in cases of dengue, diarrhea and leptospirosis, due to the inclement weather.
Chairman of the Union Upul Rohana requested the public to take precautions to reduce the spread of such diseases.
He revealed that the Department of Meteorology has predicted that rains over the island will gradually reduce in the coming days.
However, he said population of flys, mosquitoes and rats have increased during the torrential rains.
Upul Rohana requested the public to ensure clean environments and destroy breeding grounds of mosquitoes around homes and take precautionary measures against these illnesses.
(Source: News Radio)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023