Police arrest main suspect involved in death of 16-year-old girl in Kalutara
The main suspect involved in the suspicious death of a 16-year-old girl in Kalutara area has been arrested by the police this morning (May 09).
The arrested suspect has been identified as Danushka Gayan Sahabandu, a 29-year-old resident of Isuru Uyana in Kalutara.
The suspect had been arrested by police in the Hikkaduwa area, a short while ago based on the information received by Kalutara HQI Ruwan Wijesinghe that the suspect is hiding in the Galle area.
A group of crime division officers headed by Crime Division OIC Inspector Dhammka Silva had carried out the raid in the Hikkaduwa area.
The suspect had allegedly accompanied the teenage girl, who was later found dead near the railway track, to the hotel room in Kalutara.
The suspect is to be produced before the Kalutara Magistrate’s Court to obtain detention orders.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023