Popular actor Tennyson Cooray passes away at 68
Posted in Local News
Popular actor and film director Tennyson Cooray has passed away at the age of 68 years while receiving treatment at the National Hospital, Colombo, earlier today (28).
He was hospitalized last week due to a sudden illness.
One of Sri Lanka’s best-known comedians, Cooray is an actor in Sri Lankan cinema and stage drama in addition to being a screenplay writer, film director, and producer.
He is best known for his comedy roles in films such as ‘Re Daniel Dawal Migel’ franchise, ‘Cheriyo’ franchise, ‘Peralikarayo’, ‘Somy Boys’, and ‘Wada Bari Tarzan’ franchise.
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
So sad news !.
Sri Lanka lost great artist .
May he attain blissed Nibbana !