Post-mortem PCR not mandatory for all deaths – Health Ministry
Posted in Local News
Performing post mortem PCR is not mandatory for all deaths (hospital or non-hospital deaths), Director General of Health Services Dr. Asela Gunawardena said.
If required a post-mortem PCR can be conducted at the discretion of the relevant Judicial Medical Officer (JMO), Dr. Gunawardena said further.
If diagnosed of COVID-19 infection, the method of disposal remains the same, adhering to previous circulars until further notice, the circular noted.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023