Post-mortem PCR not mandatory for all deaths – Health Ministry
Performing post mortem PCR is not mandatory for all deaths (hospital or non-hospital deaths), Director General of Health Services Dr. Asela Gunawardena said.
If required a post-mortem PCR can be conducted at the discretion of the relevant Judicial Medical Officer (JMO), Dr. Gunawardena said further.
If diagnosed of COVID-19 infection, the method of disposal remains the same, adhering to previous circulars until further notice, the circular noted.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023