Postal Voting for Local Government Election postponed indefinitely
Postal Voting for the 2023 Local Government Election was postponed indefinitely, said the National Election Commission of Sri Lanka today (February 14).
Sri Lanka’s Election Commission had previously planned to hold postal voting on February 22, 23 and 24.
According to the Senior Official of Election Commision, the decision was taken as the funds required to print the ballot papers for the Postal Vote were not received.
The local government election is scheduled to be held on March 9, 2023.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023