President and Speaker hold talks to end political crisis
Posted in Local News
During a discussion with the Speaker, President Maithripala Sirisena has agreed to hold separate discussions tomorrow with the Opposition Leader and other leaders of the United National Front (UNF) in order to find an immediate solution to the prevailing political situation in the country.
Speaker had pointed out that the country is becoming unstable in every aspect and that, especially, the country will not be able to bear the depreciation of the Rupee, collapse of the investments and the tourist industry.
President positively responding to the issues pointed out by the Speaker, also appreciated the service of the Speaker in his attempt of resolving this crisis.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023