President approves removal of Chief Justice
Presidential Coordinating Secretary Wijeyananda Herath states that the president has signed the removal letter of Chief Justice Dr. Shirani Bandaranaike.
Meanwhile, Presidential Spokesperson Mohan Samaranaike said that the official announcement of the removal of chief justice was delivered to her residence on Sunday morning.
He added that the decision was made following the parliament’s vote on the impeachment motion.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023