President opens Neuro Trauma Centre
President Mahinda Rajapaksa opened the newly constructed 10 storeyed Neuro Trauma Centre at the National Hospital, Colombo yesterday.
US $ 15 million out of the total cost of Rs 3,000 million was granted from the Saudi Development Fund for the building. The building comprises eight operation theatres, six intensive care units each with 66 beds, one unit with 228 beds and one observation unit.
It is also equipped with a helipad.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa who inspected the MRI and CT scan units also spoke with several patients.
The President also presented a memento to Saudi Development Fund Manager and Vice President Usuf Al Bazar.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023