President paid last respects to late Chandra Rajapaksa
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena today visited Medamulana in Weeraketiya to pay his last respects to the late Chandra Tudor Rajapaksa, the brother of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The President expressed his condolences to the former President and the family members and was also seen engaging in a cordial chat with Mahinda Rajapaksa and former Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa.
The cremation ceremony of the late Chandra Rajapaksa is scheduled to take place at the family burial grounds at 2.00pm today (25).
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
fox and lion respectively
Dear president. If you don’t have anything better to do keep attending funerals and weddings.
His body language says it all.
On the night of 08 Jan 2015, it is known that he and his family hid among rubber trees in an estate fearing vengeance if he lost the elections.
Now, he is seen sitting next to the R clan leader with shrunken shoulders and hands clasped in a strategic place saying ‘Sorry, I cut your throat only once otherwise I am your friend’.
Just compare the man sitting next to him in the photo. The body language of that man says ‘ I may have lost to you but I remain the King, you idiot’!.