President Rajapaksa meets King of Bhutan
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa today met with His Majesty Jigm Kheser Namgyel Wangchuk, the King of Bhutan at the Sri Lanka House in SAARC Village on 29th April. The official meeting between the King and the SAARC state leaders are scheduled to take place at the Royal Palace. However President Rajapaksa presented a Buddha statue to the Bhutan’s King to mark the occasion.
First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa, Foreign Minister Prof.G.L.Peiris, Namal Rajapaksa MP and the members of the Sri Lankan delegation were also present.
During the final day, SAARC leaders would attend many events organised by the officials to mark the conference in Bhutan. They would participate in the closing ceremony of the 16th SAARC summit this afternoon. Finally the President and the Sri Lankan delegation will take part in the dinner hosted by the Prime Minister of Bhutan Jigmi Y Thinley for the visiting state leaders tonight.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023