President Rajapaksa meets King of Bhutan
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa today met with His Majesty Jigm Kheser Namgyel Wangchuk, the King of Bhutan at the Sri Lanka House in SAARC Village on 29th April. The official meeting between the King and the SAARC state leaders are scheduled to take place at the Royal Palace. However President Rajapaksa presented a Buddha statue to the Bhutan’s King to mark the occasion.
First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa, Foreign Minister Prof.G.L.Peiris, Namal Rajapaksa MP and the members of the Sri Lankan delegation were also present.
During the final day, SAARC leaders would attend many events organised by the officials to mark the conference in Bhutan. They would participate in the closing ceremony of the 16th SAARC summit this afternoon. Finally the President and the Sri Lankan delegation will take part in the dinner hosted by the Prime Minister of Bhutan Jigmi Y Thinley for the visiting state leaders tonight.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023