President says vaccination is final solution, urges public to follow health guidelines
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa says that only vaccination is the final solution to the COVID-19 pandemic and that the government has a strong programme is place to vaccinate the people of the country.
He stated that in order to overcome this challenge successfully, people must strictly follow all the rules, regulations and instructions recommended by the health authorities, similar to during the first wave of the pandemic.
He stated that the government has made arrangements to import four of the COVID-19 vaccines currently approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and to be approved in the near future.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023