President to appoint probe corruption
President Maithripala Sirisena expressed his dismay at the delay in taking legal action against those who embezzled public money. Speaking at a rally held in Aralaganwila yesterday, he added that he will use his powers and appoint a special presidential commission to investigate alleged corruption.
He added that, as promised during the election campaign, he will take legal action against those who embezzled money from the people.
“During the election we spoke quite a bit about corruption. I am also wondering why action is not being taken against the corrupt individuals. The new government will take action against the corrupt regardless of who they are,” he said. “We will appoint a committee to investigate the corruption, which occurred and I would like to say that this will be appointed to punish the powerful corrupt.”
The President added that the people in the country are waiting to punish the corrupt and that swift action should be taken against such individuals.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
Already MS is in dismay and wondering. This is what happens when you keep pointing the finger at others to often without getting the facts straight. I was wondering the same but how can the President make a statement that he is wondering. If he does not know what is happening then who knows.
Yes Sir its high time you did something to get all these culprits to book , we all understand its no easy task to clear garbage that has been collected for the last 10 years in just 100 days. but if you start now you could do it please capital punishment for these persons found guilty as it is the poor man that was hit below the belt if they are ministers there civic rights should be removed so they cant contest in any form of election at all