Price of 50kg of MOP fertilizer (Bandi Pohora) reduced by Rs. 4,500
Posted in Local News
The price of a 50 kg Muriate of Potash (MOP) fertilizer bag, also known as ‘Bandi Pohora’, has been reduced by Rs. 4,500 for the ongoing Yala cultivation season in Sri Lanka, Minister of Agriculture Mahinda Amaraweera said.
This price reduction is effective from yesterday (May 15), and will now be sold at Rs. 15,000 at all Agricultural Service Centres.
This decision was taken after a proposal in this regard was submitted by Agriculture Minister Mahinda Amaraweera on May 08, 2023.
The price reduction was approved by the Price Determination Committee of the Ministry in a bid to reduce the cost of agricultural production.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023