Price of a loaf of bread will be increased by Rs. 30/-
The All Ceylon Bakery Owners Association announced that the price of a 450g loaf of bread will be increased by Rs. 30/- with effect from midnight today (March 11).
Accordingly, the new price will be between Rs. 110/- and Rs. 130/-.
Meanwhile, the prices of other bakery products will have to be increased approximately by Rs 10, they said further.
Earlier today, the Serendib Flour Mills (Pvt.) Ltd announced that it would hike the price of wheat flour by Rs. 35.00 per kilogram from today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023