Price of a rice packet and plain tea increased
Posted in Local News
Restaurant owners in Sri Lanka announced that the prices of a packet of rice and a cup of tea will be increased, given the rising cost of living.
Chairman of the All Ceylon Restaurant Owners’ Association, Asela Sampath told the media, the price of a packet of rice and curry will be increased by Rs. 20 while the price of a Plain tea will be increased by Rs. 05, the association announced during a press briefing today.
Accordingly, the new prices rice packets will be as follows:
- Rice and curry (Fish) – Rs. 200
- Rice and curry (Vegetarian) – Rs. 160
- Rice and curry (Chicken/Beef) – Rs. 230 – 250
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
That’s a good economic indicator.
The benefits of Prosperity and Splendour are reaching all corners of the population.