Prices of powdered milk, flour & cement likely to increase
Recommendations presented to the Cost of Living Committee pertaining to essential commodities will be submitted to the Cabinet of Ministers for approval today.
The Cost of Living Committee met under the patronage of Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa on Friday to address the current shortage in the market regarding powdered milk, flour, gas and several other commodities and pertaining to price revisions.
Accordingly, the Cabinet is expected to ratify the recommendations today and is likely to approve the proposal to increase prices of several commodities.
Meanwhile, the Milk Powder Importers’ Association has said the Cost of Living Committee agreed to increase the price of a 1kg of powdered milk pack by Rs.200.
Prices of flour and cement are also expected to increase following the Cabinet approval.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023