44 health trade unions to strike for five hours today
Several trade unions representing the health services sector have launched a token strike this morning (27).
The Government Nursing Officers’ Association (GNOA) said the strike, which commenced at 7.00 a.m. today, will continue for five hours until 12 noon.
President of the association Saman Ratnapriya stated that 44 unions will be participating in this trade union action, which is being staged against the decision reached by the government to suspend the COVID-19 allowance provided to health workers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023