Issue National Identity Card number at birth – GMOA
The Government Medical Officers’ Association requests that a National Identity Card number should be issued at birth.
The statement said the technical committee set up under the chairmanship of the Director General of Health Services to administer COVID-19 vaccines to children has drawn attention to the lack of an ID number when vaccinating children.
The Association also suggested the expert committee appointed to draft a new Constitution to ensure all children are issued a National Identity Card number at birth to ensure their rights and that the identity card be issued to them at the age of 16 or earlier.
The GMOA directed a letter to the President today emphasizing its importance.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023