Prices of rice and curry, kottu and fried-rice go down by 20%
Posted in Local News
The prices of fried rice, Kottu and a packet of rice and curry will be reduced by 20% from midnight today (April 05), the All Island Canteen Owners’ Association said.
National Organizer of the All-Island Canteen Owners’ Association Asela Sampath told the media that the decision to reduce the prices was taken as a result of the decrease in domestic gas prices.
He said the price of a cup of plain tea will be reduced by Rs. 10 and it should be sold at Rs. 30 while the price of a cup of milk tea remains unchanged at Rs. 90.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023