Prime Minister directs National Research Council to expedite tests on indigenous medicine for COVID-19
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has informed the National Research Council (NRC) of Sri Lanka to expedite the process of scientific validation of indigenous medicines and treatments developed for COVID-19.
Accordingly, the Prime Minister instructed the Council to work on scientifically proving the effectiveness of an indigenous cure presented by the University of Colombo, a medicine presented by Prof. Harsha Subasinghe and Indika Jagoda together with the medicinal syrup presented by Dr. Dammika Bandara from Kegalle.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023