Prime Minister instructs to remove obstacles to renewable energy
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has instructed the Secretary to the Ministry of Economic Policies and Plan Implementation Anusha Palpita to take immediate action to remove the obstacles that exist with regard to utilising renewable energy as a solution to the power crisis.
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa also serves as the subject minister and a progress review meeting of the Ministry was held at Temple Trees yesterday (March 26).
The Prime Minister’s Media Unit stated that the progress of the institutions under the ministry were extensively reviewed.
The Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) had pointed out the need to restructure the Ceylon Electricity Board Act in order to keep it up to date and to suit the present-day.
During the discussion, it was also pointed out that the CEB is slow when it comes to connecting the electricity generated by renewable energy to the main power supply.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023