Private buses to begin operations today
Posted in Local News
The Lanka Private Bus Owners Association says bus operators will resume operations in all districts apart from areas deemed as coronavirus high risk zones.
Chairman Gemunu Wijeratne said the government must continue to conduct PCR tests in low risk zones as well to identify coronavirus cases.
He said in the event COVID-19 cases increase, the blame would be laid on the bus industry.
Wijeratne stressed it was the responsibility of authorities to ensure that all necessary measures are in place for the safe operation of buses.
He stressed buses will operate in accordance with the subject Ministers directives.
(Source: News Radio)
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023