Private buses to begin operations today
The Lanka Private Bus Owners Association says bus operators will resume operations in all districts apart from areas deemed as coronavirus high risk zones.
Chairman Gemunu Wijeratne said the government must continue to conduct PCR tests in low risk zones as well to identify coronavirus cases.
He said in the event COVID-19 cases increase, the blame would be laid on the bus industry.
Wijeratne stressed it was the responsibility of authorities to ensure that all necessary measures are in place for the safe operation of buses.
He stressed buses will operate in accordance with the subject Ministers directives.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024