Private light aircraft Cessna-172 makes an emergency landing; four injured
A private light aircraft of Sakurai Aviation Cessna 172 has made an emergency landing in the Dagonna area, Kimbulapitiya this afternoon.
Sri Lanka Air Force (SLFA) Spokesman said that SLAF had deployed a team to the location and a fire brigade team had also been dispatched.
The Police said four individuals on board the aircraft sustained minor injuries and were admitted to the Negombo Hospital.
The two pilots were transporting a couple on a tour from the Ratmalana Airport to Sigiriya and were travelling to Koggala when the technical difficulty arose.
A light training Aircraft belonging to the Sakurai Aviation also made an emergency landing on a beach near Beruwala, on December 22.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023