Project to plant 20 million trees starts 30 March
Posted in Local News
An initiative to plant 20 million trees will be conducted along with a cycle parade, under the patronage of MP Ven. Athuraliye Rathana Thera in collaboration with the Matha Organisation.
The initial programme will start from Colombo on 30 March at Viharamahadevi Park at 9:30 a.m., Bambalapitiya Vajiraramaya at 11:00 a.m. and the Archbishop’s House in Colombo at 11:45 a.m.
The programme will be initiated in Gampaha, Kurunegala, Kandy and Jaffna Districts on 1, 2, 3, 10 April respectively.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023