Pujith, Hemasiri further remanded
Former IGP Pujith Jayasundera and former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando were further remanded until January 20 by Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne today.
The order was delivered when the two defendants were produced before the court today (06).
The duo was arrested for allegedly committing a criminal offense by failing to prevent the coordinated terror bombings on Easter Sunday this year, even after receiving forewarnings on the attacks.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023